May 21 2012
In addition to my studio, website, and at various shows, I sell my work in 6 places in Tulare County. Each one has its own hours, style and personality. (The area code is 559 for all these places.)
- The Mural Gallery is a little Exeter gallery showing and selling the work of the mural artists. (I am very proud to say I am one of the mural artists, and hope this is not the kind of pride “that goeth before a fall”!) I just took 12 paintings to them. The Mural Gallery is open 7 days a week from 11-4 and is chock full of mural mementos and original art at Tulare County prices. (read “VERY REASONABLE” or “SHOCKINGLY LOW FOR ORIGINAL ART”) It is next door to the Wildflower Cafe on E Street, but the address is 204 Pine Street. Phone is 592-3160. There is new work by several artists now!
- Colors Art Gallery in Three Rivers is under new ownership. The hours are Thursday – Sunday, 11-5, and the address remains 41763 Sierra Drive, phone 561-4993. This store is chock-full of art by Three Rivers folks, and it is a delightful explosion of color. Sounds redundant. (What is a synonym for color??) Jeremy has years of experience at Pier One Imports, and it shows! He sells my 6×6 fruit paintings and my cards.
- Red Barn Gifts in Three Rivers has prints of my pencil drawings
and paintings of Sequoia trees .This is another great little place for local art in Three Rivers. It is a big red barn (duh) behind Creekside Yarns, just upstream from QualityComfort Inn and Suites. 40838 Sierra Drive, 561-1031.
- Arts Visalia at 214 E. Oak is open Wednesday through Saturday, 12-5:30, phone 739-0905. They feature regular rotating exhibits by fine artists. In addition, they have a store which sells my pencil reproductions and cards.
- Tulare Historical Museum carries my cards. Their summer hours are Thursday through Saturday, 10-4. They also feature regular rotating art exhibits along with a superb historical museum. Great folks at 444 W. Tulare Street in Tulare. 686-2074
- Reimer’s Candies and Gifts has carried my cards longer than any other current location. They also have some of my very earliest oil paintings in their ice cream shop. If you buy a box of candy to ship as a gift, it comes with a gift card that has my drawing on the front. They have seasonally changing hours, and currently they are open 7 days a week from 10-6. Their phone is 561-4576.
Up The Middle Fork ©2012, 8×8″, oil on wrapped canvas, $75, available here